Saturday, July 6, 2013

My kinda bank, TD is, my kinda bank

It's always an exciting time for me when my change jar is almost filled. That means I can go to my local TD Bank and drop my coins in their Penny Arcade. Unlike most other coin counting machines, that take a cut in exchange for counting the coins, Penny is free to TD customers. 

My favorite thing about Penny is they ask you to guess what the total will be. If you guess within $1.99 you get a prize, some trinket with the TD logo.

So, I guessed $14.98, and the total came out to $14.48, only a fifty cent difference! 

I took the receipt to the Sandy, the teller, and she told me she was afraid she didn't have any prizes. I told her it was no big deal but Sandy pulsed her colleagues, asking if there were any prizes. At that time I told her it really didn't matter, and her response was:


"It matters to us".

Somehow she managed to find a key ring and gave it to me. I thanked her and joked that she just escaped a nasty Yelp review.

It may seem to be only a key ring, but it represents the over-the-top customer service that is the hallmark of TD Bank. I wrote a letter to the Branch Manager praising Sandy for the attention she paid to what I saw as a trivial matter. Trivial to me, but not to the good people at TD Bank.

"It matters to us" is what sets TD Bank above and beyond other banks, and it's why TD Bank is MY bank.

Why can't everybody be like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment