Sunday, March 15, 2015

Restaurant Review: On The Outs With Outback Steakhouse

The Outback in Turnersville, NJ has been in a steady decline over the past two years as prices continue to rise and the quality of the food and service continue to decline. 

The last straw was last night, Friday 3/13/2015. I ordered my usual 10 oz rib-eye, medium rare. The waitress gave me the perfunctory warning that it would be very pink on the inside. When it came, after an extremely long wait, it was overcooked, grey inside and out, and appeared to be less than 1/4" thick. We had a large party of 7, celebrating my son's birthday, so I decided not to make a scene, and I knew if I sent it back I would be sitting like a dunce for eternity waiting for another one while the rest of my family uncomfortably ate their dinners. So I ate about half of it. 


When the waitress finally reappeared, I showed her the grey, cardboard-like piece of meat and told her it was not medium rare and I didn't complain earlier. She said she would "take care of it", which I thought meant taking it off the bill.


Instead, some nit-wit arrived about 15 minutes later with another steak, as if I was going to sit there and eat it by myself while everyone else waited. I had it wrapped and took it home. 


And the bathrooms are filthy. When we brought this to the manager's attention, she giggled and shrugged her shoulders.


Never again.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outback Steakhouse
4600 NJ-42
Turnersville, NJ 08012

2 comments:

  1. Thanks I will sure not to eat there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up getting a full refund after declining a gift certificate.
      Tweet Fightin' Man wins again!

      Follow @TweetFighterNJ on Twitter
      Like Tweet Fightin' Man on Facebook

      Delete